Re: [Evolution] Comments and questions on the Evolution mailer

Yep. For way more details, please see an earlier post by me discussing
this topic:

  http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2004-April/036582.html

I don't think this helps.  I recently asked a similar question about
date formats and got no responses (except for a me too -- thanks
poc ;) )  The locale stuff affects the way the format elements are
displayed, not which format elements are used.  You can't use the
LC_TIME to change the display from 12 to 24 hour or to suppress
today/yesterday.

So you actually read that post, did you? Let me quote a paragraph:

  LC_TIME  This effects the time display (for example "9:00 PM" vs.
  "21:00" and "12/30/2993" vs. "30.12.2003") as well as the abbreviations
  for Days and Months. They are specified in special locale settings on
  your system.

Yes, I read that and then I spent some time with google and found, what
I thought was, a good description of the LC_TIME stuff and so far as I
could see it allowed you to to specify what text to use for AM/PM and
the names of the days etc.  I could not find anything that allowed me to
control the actual formatting of the date, all the references were to
the various formatting elements and it seemed to assume that that one
formatted the date/time with an strftime string.

I am clearly missing something!  <pause while I google some more>.  Ah!
The page I found only told half the story, I've found another with all
the same stuff plus a lot more which spells out the details and the
actual formats and the layout of the locale files.

I have also found that LC_TIME is set to en_US instead of en_NZ which
explains why the date format changed. Sigh... (now I have to figure out
how to change that globally but that is not a evolutions issue!)

Now if someone can tell me how to get rid of the Yesterday/Today I'll be
truly happy ;)  well for at least half an hour :) :)

Thanks very much Guenther! Seasons Greetings to you and all the other
folk who contribute to this list.

Cheers, Russell

Cheers, Russell