Re: [Evolution] Comments and questions on the Evolution mailer

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 15:35, Russell Fulton wrote:
On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 10:11 +0100, guenther wrote:
2. Changing time format in the message list area to 24 hour format,
without changing the LOCALE. I have not not found out how to do this yet
and it is _very_ annoying to use the AM/PM format.
no, you will need to change the locale/lang or at least LC_TIME
variable (i presume).

Yep. For way more details, please see an earlier post by me discussing
this topic:

  http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2004-April/036582.html

I don't think this helps.  I recently asked a similar question about
date formats and got no responses (except for a me too -- thanks
poc ;) )  The locale stuff affects the way the format elements are
displayed, not which format elements are used.  You can't use the
LC_TIME to change the display from 12 to 24 hour or to suppress
today/yesterday.

What I want is an option that allows me to specify a strftime format for
the timestamp.

Hmmm...  this isn't lurking on one of the xml files (like the keyboard
shortcuts are) somewhere by any chance?

they are in the .po files in the source tree (.po files are translator
files)

Jeff