Re: [Evolution] remove a folder (courrier-IMAP, Evolution 1.4, Exim4)

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 08:17 +0100, Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:
Hello,

I have a big problem:

In my early beginings, I followed a tutorial that told me tu a some
lines into my ~/.forward file. I put them.
(It was about filtering spams to a special folder)

The problem is that filter told to put (save) the spam into
$home/Maildir/INBOX.Spam

It created Another INBOX folder under my already existent INBOX folder!
And when I browse my "maildir" with my MUA (Evolution) the Spam folder
path is INBOX/INBOX/Spam . It's ugly.

Unless you properly created that folder (either thru Evo or the
command line tool /usr/bin/maildirmake, then the file
$HOME/Maildir/INBOX.Spam (or something like that) is really an
mbox file!

This happens to me occasionally, when I make a new maildrop rule,
but forget to make the appropriate folders.

The solution is to mv that mbox file up to ~, and then import it
using File->Import.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"I was provided with additional input that was radically
different from the truth. I assisted in furthering that version."
Colonel Oliver North