[Evolution] evolution won't send, won't say why

Hi,

I'm using Evolution 2.0.2 on the gentoo build (2004.3). I'm pointing to both my ISP's pop/smtp server and my workplace's Exchange 2000 server. It's a great program and makes the linux desktop much easier to use in the workplace.

I do have one problem, however. Evolution is not sending my email--either using SMTP or for Exchange. Messages simply stay in the outbox. I don't see any error messages on the screen or in /var/mail/log explaining the problem.

It looks like it was sending it a few days ago (i.e. I see items in the sent box), but must have stopped suddenly.

I've searched the archives, the web, and the help text, but couldn't find anything. Actually I did see something about updating /etc/hosts to include entries for the outgoing mail servers, but that hasn't helped.

any suggestions? Is there a setting I'm missing? I messge file I could peruse for more information?

thanks,

bill milbratz