Re: [Evolution] evolution won't send, won't say why

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 12:56, bill milbratz wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Evolution 2.0.2 on the gentoo build (2004.3).  I'm pointing to
both my ISP's pop/smtp server and my workplace's Exchange 2000 server. It's
a great program and makes the linux desktop much easier to use in the
workplace.

I do have one problem, however.  Evolution is not sending my email--either
using SMTP or for Exchange. Messages simply stay in the outbox. I don't see
any error messages on the screen or in /var/mail/log explaining the problem.

Used to be (Evo 1.4.x at least) that one message stuck in the Outbox
folder would clog all outbound mail.  Don't know if this is still the
case in 2.x.

Try deleting the first message in Outbox and hitting Send/Receive again.

-norm

It looks like it was sending it a few days ago (i.e. I see items in the
sent box), but must have stopped suddenly.

I've searched the archives, the web, and the help text, but couldn't find
anything. Actually I did see something about updating /etc/hosts
to  include entries for the outgoing mail servers, but that hasn't helped.

any suggestions? Is there a setting I'm missing? I messge file I could
peruse for more information?

thanks,

bill milbratz