Re: [Evolution] Red Carpet snapshot channels (Was:Has the Evolution 2.0.2 2004-11-30 version been recalled?)

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 15:33 -0800, Des Dougan wrote:
Hmmm  - I just had a look, and there are very recent files in the SuSE
9.1 directory, but red-carpet doesn't pick them up (the filenames now
have "novell" rather than "ximian", although I don't know if that would
make a difference...).

I seemed to have found the problem - I was subscribed to the Evo
Development Snapshot channel, as that's what was being used for all the
1.5 - 2.0 releases; however, the updates are now in the Evo Snapshot
channel instead...

Not sure when they switched channels. How would one determine this in
the normal course of events?

I activated the Evo Snapshot channel and tried to run the update, which
failed with a whole bunch of dependencies, not least of which was that
it was trying to update 1.4 (still on my box), rather than the October
2.0.2 snapshot I'm running. It would appear that the only way to get the
updated snapshot is to have Red Carpet uninstall all existing Evo RPMs
and start again. Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Des
--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support