[Evolution] Another evolution migration experience
- From: Nigel Metheringham <Nigel Metheringham dev intechnology co uk>
- To: Evolution ML <evolution ximian com>
- Subject: [Evolution] Another evolution migration experience
- Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:05:08 +0100
I have just migrated from Evolution 1.4.7 with Connector 1.4.7 (from the
Fedora Core 2 current set - connector from DMalcolm's builds) to
Evolution 1.5.93 with Connector 1.5.92 both from the Fedora/Rawhide
development RPM sets.
This was a pretty positive experience - much kudos to you guys, and so
the fact that I'm going to dwell on the really pretty minor bug bears is
pretty unfair :-/
1. Connector works. And its more stable than the old one (which
could crash if I deleted more than one message at a time). I've
not seriously stressed it but it feels damn good so far.
2. Migration: lost the colour related to the spell checking marking
3. Migration/Semantics change issue: I send mail by SMTP to port
587 and have Use SSL set to "Always". This now (incorrectly)
attempts to do SSL on connect rather than SMTP connect and
STARTTLS. [1.4.x did this right]. Changing the setting to
"Whenever Possible" works OK.
4. My unseen virtual folder behaves differently in that when I
switch to (say) calendar and back it tends to rescan content
again, so you only get real unseen messages without the
However twiddling the properties and finding the nice new stuff
to pulling in related messages/threads makes up for this in a
5. I *love* the web calendar stuff. Now I just want a neat way to
6. IMAP performance is definitely worse, although acceptable in
this environment. Exchange performance seems rather better.
7. Pilot sync appears broke at present... although that may be down
to some confusion in gnome-pilotd which has been running right
through. Will look properly later.
8. Calendar: I marked my Exchange calendar (first one on list) with
a colour. If I add another calendar of any type the colour
"falls off" the exchange calendar.
9. Signatures appear to be screwy (shuffled between accounts) after
migration. However this might have existed pre-migration - it
was just more obviously wrong after.....
Thats all I can think of given 4 hours of use - I'm currently very happy
with this upgrade.
[ Nigel Metheringham Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]
[ - Comments in this message are my own and not ITO opinion/policy - ]
] [Thread Prev