Re: [Evolution] Attachment Icons Missing depending upon Theme Chosen

      Googled but found no reference to my problem. Only thing I found was to
check if gnome-icon-theme exists (yes it does)

Try the default Gnome icon theme. If the used icon theme is broken,
having the default installed can't do anything...

What happens:
When you create a new message, have the attachment window open, then say
you attach a pdf/txt/tar/xls file, some of the icons will not come out.

Known issue, IIRC. Some icon themes don't inherit default theme for
missing icons. And Evolution 1.4.x doesn't render the attachment text
properly, if the icon is missing.

meaning, say I attach a tar file, nothing is displayed in the Attachment
window(I have no idea if the attachment was created). An Xls file works,
etc..

Yep, the attachment will be sent, even if the icon is not displayed. Try
sending one of those invisible attachments to yourself and see.

Bummed around for 2 hours searching through what was happening, tried to
define the file-type and preferences, no cigar. Tried changing it in
/usr/share/icons/gnome/48x48/mimetypes and such, no luck.

Then I noticed that If I were to change to a different theme, the Tar
icon will come out. But then the XLS icon would not. Vice Versa with
various Themes.

Buggy icon themes...

Can someone tell me where to define these icons? Even if evo can't find
the supposed icon, it should put a dummy icon there.

It does for unknown mime types.

Anyway, as we are close to Evolution 2.0 there won't be any 1.4.x
updates, unless they are security relevant.

...guenther