Re: [Evolution] Filtering folders other than INBOX

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 10:38 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 01:04, Andrew Cowie wrote:
[snip]

> > - finding out about new messages is already unreliable at best,
> > searching all folders for them would also impact performance a lot
>
> But evo is already doing that for each IMAP folder. So how much worse
> would it be to then hook up the filter mechanism?

the current imap code is only issuing a STATUS command for the folders
to find out unread counts (which is what I presume you are referring to
here).

Well a few things can make it do more work:
- vfolders
- junk filtering on all folders

I think thats all.  Some servers don't run very fast just doing status either.

--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"born to die, live to work, it's all downhill from here"