RE: [Evolution] Problems sending smtp mail in Evo 1.4.5 and 1.5.0

Jeff --

Thanks for the reply. According to the system administrators of the
email server and the directions they give online the smtp server doesn't
require SSL authentication when accessed from within the network but
_does_ require SSL authentication when accessed from outside the
network.

According to the server admins:
                                 port  from mtu.edu   from elsewhere
SMTP server name: email.mtu.edu  25    SSL optional   TLS/SSLv.3
required and password authentication required

So, if I trust what they say then the server not only supports but
requires SSL from outside the network. Now there is no mention of
another port for SSL enabled trafic, does that mean that both SSL and
non SSL trafic go on port 25? I'm lost, clueless and frustrated :))).

Regards,
Rade