From: Mark Gordon <mtgordon ximian com>
To: "Wise, Jeremey" <jeremey wise agilysys com>
Cc: Ximian Desktop List <users lists ximian com>
Subject: Re: [Users] LDAP Connectivity
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:23:42 -0400

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 07:40 -0400, Wise, Jeremey wrote:
Just broke down and purchased Ximian Evolution (on faith that it will do all I need) as I have grown tiard
of WINE fun.

Trying to get LDAP lookup to work. Corp is Exchange 2000 mixed mode.

Structure is jeremey wise agilysys com for email with the old account type being wisej pios com (due to
corp change of name).

So the server is mailserver.pios.com I referanced that when I did the key import and it pulled the GC
server as LDAP.pios.com so I left that.

Mail works.. no name lookkup so I figured I needed to add an LDAP server. Put in LDAP.pios.com for server
with name being CN=wisej,DC=pios,DC=com and it displays several 'support base' options.

The username definition must be wrong becuse it keeps prompting for the password. I have tried email as the
account type (both old and new emial addresses).

I have tried many variations of CN=....DC=. to find out what it should be. Any experiance or direction out
their?

Thanks,

You want to head over to the Evolution mailing list.  Look for a guy
with strangely-colored hair and a bunch of piercings, answers to
"toshok".  He's the LDAP expert.