Re: [Evolution] Spamassassin, Junk/Not-Junk, Training

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 14:09 +0800, Not Zed wrote:

It will work between servers, unless you have a server which doesn't
support user flags, which some of the popular ones don't.

I'm using Courier, which I'm pretty sure does.  But the problem may be
that I use OfflineIMAP to download mail onto my laptop, and maybe it
doesn't support user flags.  All I know is that the the Evo UI led me to
think the messages were flagged deleted, and OfflineIMAP never downloads
deleted messages, so I did not expect to see them.

I get the feeling that Evolution 1.5's offline-mail support is supposed
to be improved from 1.4's, so maybe I can do without OfflineIMAP
altogether if I upgrade my laptop?  OfflineIMAP's a great program, but
rather clunky and it's unfortunate I've had to use it to be mobile.

Honestly, why on earth you'd expect the feature to work on an older
version of evolution where the code doesn't exist is quite beyond me.

Oh, I didn't expect it to "work" at all.  I just didn't expect to see
all those damned messages in my Evolution Inbox since I believed they
were deleted by the spam filter.  My point was, the method of
marking/isolating "junk" mail may not compatible with many people's mail
systems.  I wouldn't be surprised if you get a lot of comments/
complaints from confused users about this once Evolution 2.0 comes out.
Perhaps it should be preemptively FAQ'd.

And also, if you don't want to use vFolders, just setup filter rules.
Simple eh.  Evolution supports both modes equally well.  Your rant is
duly ignored.

I do want to use vFolders.  I use vFolders.  vFolders f'ing rock.  I
love vFolders.  Whatever gave you the idea I didn't like vFolders?  :)
It's just that I like Trash folders (there's no "v" in "Trash Folder").
Sorry if my rant offended you, that was not my intent.  Perhaps I went a
little over the top.  Obviously if you think I don't like vFolders my
words were misunderstood, which is probably due to poor phrasing of my
message.

I do, however use numerous filters as well (and have since Evolution
0.11 or so).  With the volume of mail I receive, they are generally much
more useful to me for organizing mail than vFolders are.

Eric