Re: [Evolution] 1.5.7 oddity

Thats why i asked for logs.

That will show whether it is or not, and whether the server is even sending the right thing or not.  Speculation wont do anything but wear out your keyboard!

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 03:02 -0400, Michael R Head wrote:
On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 14:14 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
> But you're hitting a limitation of the IMAP protocol here.  It has no
> way (apart from a just-expired experimental rfc) of informing clients
> of any changes to any folder outside the currently selected one.
>
> Which is why we have to do some stupid/slow send/receive hacks.

Right, but shouldn't send/receive check all the boxes, though? It seems
like it isn't, hence why I have to exit and restart evo1.5 to make sure
I can see all the new messages in all my mailboxes. I think this is the
problem that Des and I are describing.

--
Michael R Head <burner suppressingfire org>
http://suppressingfire.org/~burner/