[Evolution] LDAP update with Evolution

Searching through history of this list I've found mail from Tony
Earnshaw giving some example on subject. I just wonder if it's
legal to have different 'cn' value in distinguishedName and in 'cn'
entity?

Why I'm asking - with my Evo 1.4.5 + OpenLDAP 2.1.22 config I
find it impossible to implement such  behavior. When I try to
change Name/Surname with Evo (or just anything Evo will save
in cn entry), I get an error message. Debugging slpad I get this

slapd: entry failed schema check: value of naming attribute 'cn' is not present in entry

Updating other entries works normally.

                                David

Openldap 2.1.10, Evo 1.2.1, GQ.

I have *no* trouble with this. I can update DIT entries with ldapmod, GQ
or Evo and they all do the same.

I have a friend, Evy Breivik. She just got married and changed her name
to Evy Tharaldsen. I modified het in Evo, and her name was faithfully
changed in my DIT and was confirmed in ldapsearch and GQ.

However, I do use different DN structures from that reported in this
thread. And I do use (a modified) evolutionperson.schema.

DIF file 1:

dn: cn=evy,ou=people,ou=groups,dc=billy,dc=demon,dc=nl
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: evolutionPerson
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount
objectClass: inetLocalMailRecipient
objectClass: calEntry
structuralObjectClass: evolutionPerson
uid: evy
cn: Evy Breivik
sn: Breivik
fileAs: Breivik, Evy

DIF file 2

dn: cn=evy,ou=people,ou=groups,dc=billy,dc=demon,dc=nl
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson