[Evolution] evolution and sf.net mailman

Hi,

I suppose some of you have encountered the evolution-sf.net mailman
problem with the footer. I found that this is a problem with the
evolution not encoding the message in 8-bit, but in quotedprintable
instead. Is there a way around this? My SMTP server supports 8-bit, but
I can't configure evolution to use this.
The footer is not displayed properly, when I post the message to the
mailing list on sf.net.
Anyone figured this out?
Thanks a lot,

Kindly,