Re: [Evolution] Features missing in 1.5.x ?

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 23:50 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 23:45, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 22:06 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 21:49, Ron Johnson wrote:
Hi,

Up to, and including 1.4.x:

1. there's been a little box above "the list of emails in the dir-
ectory" (pardon me that I don't know what the official name is) that
listed the number of emails in the folder, the number unread, and the
number selected.  I thought it was *very* useful, but now is gone.

this is now above the folder tree.

Ah, I see it now, in, what, a 4 point font?

you mean the font you chose for all of GNOME?

It's *really* hard to miss.

2. When an email was open in a separate window, pressing <Esc> would
close the window.  Very handy, but now gone.

this was probably just overlooked.

Can you put in a good word?  Should I "bug" it?

yea, I'll add it to my todo list

Thanks.

3. If I clicked on a local folder (i.e., one stored in evolution/,
I could choose what method to store it in: mbox, MH or Maildir.
Nice, because it allowed you to change your mind about the storage
method.

this isn't likely to come back (at least not in the way 1.4 worked)

Too bad.  How come?

the on-disk structure changed and would no longer support multiple
folder formats

Too bad.  It was very useful to be able to convert mbox "folders"
full of email to Maildir.

The answers to 2 & 3 make me think that Evo is being rewritten.
Is that true?

the front-end underwent a fair bit of rewrite, yes.

For Gnome 2.6 combatibility?

--
Ron Johnson <ron l johnson cox net>