Re: [Evolution] How do I clean up synchronized IMAP folder?

As guenther said, you probably don't want to wipe out the whole local folder structure.  A safer way is to remove the messages themselves, which are purely a cache, and contain no other data, to do this, just go to the right folder and:

rm  [1-9]*

in the folder directory in question.  The folder name will map like this:

INBOX/foo
->
~/.evolution/mail/imap/user host/folders/INBOX/subfolders/foo

On Sun, 2004-04-18 at 15:55 +0200, guenther wrote:
> > Not knowing what it did, under the Evolution snapshot I had the
> > "Automatically synchronize remote mail locally" checked.  I learned what
> > it did when I selected an IMAP folder containing 3000+ message in
> > it.  ;)
> >
> > So I've turned that off and now use the individual folder properties to
> > set the offline availability option.  But this brings up an interesting
> > question.  Once I disable this option, how do I ever get rid of all of
> > the messages that have been downloaded to local store for folders that I
> > don't want synchronized?  Is there a way for Evolution to do this for
> > me?  Should I just go into my ~/.evolution/mail/imap/<account>/... and
> > rm -f them?
>
> You can even rm -Rf ~/.evolution/mail/imap/<account>/ (after having
> completely shut down evolution properly, of course).

This directory isn't only for offline folders, but local caching in
general.

Also note, that removing it will remove Labels assigned to mails, as
those cannot be stored on all IMAP server, IIRC. Labels are stored
locally.

...guenther