Re: [Evolution] using KDE, browser will not launch

Al Hooton wrote:
[joey richards ponders how to launch urls]

      I'm using Evo 1.4.6 on Mandrake 9.1 system with KDE 3.1.  I found that
I could not get the gnome-moz-remote hook to work for me either.
However, I just set the custom web browser command to
/usr/bin/konqueror, and everything just worked.

Easiest fix is to:

1) go into gnome-control-center->Preferred Applications->Web Browser
2) select custom web browser
3) set it to something like "$HOME/bin/mozilla-remote %s"
4) create a shell script $HOME/bin/mozilla-remote as follows:

#-------------------------------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
# -------------------------------------------------------------
# Attempts to open supplied url in a new tab of currently
# running Mozilla Firefox or starts a new session and opens
# supplied url

# Define location of browser
alias moz='/opt/Firefox/firefox'
moz -remote 'openURL('$1', new-tab)' || moz $1 &

cheers,
brad