Re: [Evolution] Speaking of Pan...

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 12:19, Andrew Cowie wrote:
On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 19:46, Enver ALTIN wrote:
Believe it or not, majority of `users' just stick with the default.

I'd love to know how you came up with that authoritative statistic.

Anyway,

The point I was making is that pan's layout flexibility is impressive.

For me, vertical screen real estate is precious. While I have a lovely
desktop workstation with enormous screens and high resolution, I also
travel a great deal, and so live with my 1024x768 laptop quite a bit.

What I find interesting is that a few years ago I'd be dealing with
email / news / whatever on an 80x25 character text-only screen, and it
seemed plenty - and it seemed perfectly usuable. Now here we are all
using 1024x768 graphical interfaces and it seems like less information
is presented to us, not more. I really don't know where it all
disappeared to!

Textmode Evolution anyone? ;-)

cheers

Jules