Re: [Evolution] Unifying error messages all over GNOME

Note that i'm in the midst of redoing the mail errors, i'm not sure how this will affect such an idea, since everything goes through one location it may make it easier to hook into, but on the other hand, it needs to distinguish between loggable and 'always show it now' errors and questions which always need to be shown immediately.

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 11:48 +0300, Enver ALTIN wrote:
Merhaba,

On Sun, 2004-04-04 at 20:56 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
> Personally i'd like to see a little red (!) button show up in the status
> bar you can click on to get evolution-wide errors that were logged in a
> scrollable list, unless the error was from direct user input.

I just remembered that Pan the newsreader already had exactly this for a
loooong time :) I will try implementing this next week. I think I'll
have some spare time to dig a bit in the mailer/shell code.
--
|          |  Enver ALTIN (a.k.a. skyblue)
|          |  Software developer, IT consultant
|    FRONT |
|==========|  FrontSITE Bilgi Teknolojisi A.Ş.
|_____SITE_|  http://www.frontsite.com.tr/
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>

Ximian Evolution and Free Software Developer

Novell, Inc.