Re: [Evolution] composing mail: cursor position

I have a strange setting in my config someplace that causes the cursor
to appear at the bottom of all my replies (after the quoted text). It
tends to annoy people, so I tried to find a setting that correspond to
this behavior, but I have been, so far, unsuccessful. My composer is set
to plain text. If anyone has a suggestion, let me know!

As Brad already said...

I agree with Brad, but this is a discussion that has been exhausted
several times on probably every mailing list. I won't contribute to that
discussion.

However, what strikes me is the fact, that your cursor appears at the
*bottom* of your reply [1]. This has been requested and discussed some
times, but AFAIK this is not configurable and there even isn't any
non-GUI solution to control the cursors position.

Thus the observed behavior simply is impossible. ;-))

Well, have you checked this settings?

 Tools / Settings / Composer Preferences / General
  Reply Style: Quote original message

--
  Laurent

Being pedantic today... ;-)  Your sig marker is broken. Did you include
the "--" string to the signature? If you cut out that line, Evolution
will generate the marker automatically, using "\n-- \n" with an
additional space.

This marker will be recognized by Evolution and most standards compliant
mailers and will never appear in replies...

...guenther

[1] Which isn't good, as you cannot cut down the reply and remove
unnecessary parts first hand, yada yada yada...