Re: [Evolution] Evo 1.4.6 under Mandrake 10.0

I can verify switching focus from To and Cc text field using the <tab>
key takes longer than switching from Subject to the body. By "longer" I
mean, I can observe it visibly. It still is as fast, as it significantly
is below a disturbing threshold. That's on my systems, of course.

How long does it take on your machine? Are you suffering from a slow
machine?

No, my home computer (which runs mdk 10.0) is very fast, and as you said
the delay is not that annoying. But I would call it 'disturbing', as
sometimes I wonder where the pointer is for a quick sec.

Maybe we are both referring to the same thing, only our definition of
"some time" differs. ;)

Anyway, maybe it is another issue. I wonder, if during or before/after
switching focus to the address fields the (local) machine name is
resolved? (hackers?)

Due to autocompletion this might be the case. And there is/was an issue
with some Mandrake installations, where a faulty hosts file can lead to
hangs (for some seconds).

To verify this, check your /etc/hosts file. It should contain a line
similar to the following:

127.0.0.1    localhost

Do you see this hang when entering the To/Cc fields only or even when
switching focus from To/Cc to the Subject field?

On the other side, on my work computer, which is very slow and still
runs Evo 1.2.4 (mdk 9.1), moving between fields is instantaneous.

Sure, if the mentioned bug really is the culprit. This false input
fields height was introduced in 1.4.x versions, IIRC. Thus you will not
see this annoying behavior with 1.2.x versions at all.

(PS: Thanks a lot Guenther for your answers, always very prompt and
accurate!)

You're welcome. :)

...guenther