Re: [Evolution] IMAP hangs drive me nuts ...

Le mar 30/09/2003 à 16:36, Jeffrey Stedfast a écrit :
On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 08:14, Xavier Bestel wrote:
Hi,

I still have loads of hangs with Evo 1.4.5 (mind you, nearly each time I
switch folders !). Apparently it's my (cyrus) server's faults: it seems
it hangs on long lines.
But I thought a workaround had been implemented in Evo ages ago, in
order to split long lines and only send bite-sized chunks to the server.
Either I'm wrong or it's been removed because Evo 1.4.5 sends this (4050
chars !) when changing folders:

we limited the command-line to approx 4k. you can limit it more by
modifying the #define'd value in camel/providers/camel-imap-folder.c

#define UID_SET_LIMIT  (4096)

to... something smaller. perhaps this?

#define UID_SET_LIMIT  (1024)

Okay, 256 did the trick. Thanks Jeff.

As the server seems to tell Evo that the command-line is too long,
wouldn't there be a mean to negociate the len ? Say, halve the limit
each time a "cmd line too long" is received ?

        Xav