Re: [Evolution] Saving Mails? And then some...

Hello,

To take a "snapshot" of evolution just tar and compress the ~/evolution
directory (that's in your home dir).  When you install Suse simply
extract the file to your new home dir.

Be sure that evolution has shut down before compressing a snapshot.
This command should do it.
$> evolution --force-shutdown

I have a secondary question though:

Is it possible to save the messages, but not the settings?  I would like
to save all my messages so I can go back to them (archive) but I don't
want them to clog up my working Evo.  So every month or so I'll export
all the messages to another machine.

An important consideration is being able to search through these
archives and being able to add onto them monthly.

Cheers,
Chris