Subject: Status
From: Ian Perryman <iperryma altera com>
To: Curt Wortman <CWORTMAN altera com>
Cc: Glenn Henshaw <GHENSHAW altera com>, Hans van der Schoot <HVDSCHOO altera com>, Chris Thompson <CTHOMPSO altera com>, Desmond Ambrose <DAMBROSE altera com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:07:52 -0400

--=-eA87hDGOY8NwXtBsRhM8

Accomplishments

      * Updated status message classes to fit paradigm.
      * Updated SPI4 rx and tx BFM's to included status path with new
        classes.
      * Modified configuration objects to align with spec
      * Updated loopback test bench to use new BFM's.
      * Checked everything in when it compiled clean.  Still needs run
        time debug still

      * Arranged meeting with Jasper Design Automation to look at their
        new tool JasperGold.

Issues

      * Still no word on 0-In .... what's going on?
      *

To Do

      * Patent application ... Assertions in FPGA's for h/w/ debug.
      * Debug loopback test to test status messa     * Measure
functional coverage of existing ap179 test suite.
      * Measure functional coverage of vera random tests on ap179.
      * Compare results

              * how many vera tests required (how many different tests,
                seeds, etc.)
              * how much more coverage achieved.
              * any new bugs found?
              *

--
Ian Perryman <iperryma altera com>

--=-eA87hDGOYging
      * Need to create mechanism for tracking stable intermediate builds
        in CVS.
      * Need to implement resolutions for code reuse.
      * Arrange Vera Training for rest of OTC.

On Hold

      * Need to create system side bfm's for status path.
      * Need to create status scoreboard
      * BFM only supports regular status messages, it does not support
        hitless bandwidth reprovisioning.  Existing code should be
        capable of support changes without major changes.
      *

AP179 Vera Environment

Hans and Chris have the ap179 vera environment essentially complete (in
so far as stimulus generation and output monitoring).  Still some on
going work to automatically terminate simulations based on results.

To Do.

      * Analyze test plan and define coverage elements.
      * Capture/debug coverage elements
      * Create regression script for Vera tests
      * Modify Vera test environment to allow standalone Verilog test to
        control DUT.
 8NwXtBsRhM8

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Accomplishments
<UL>
    <LI>Updated status message classes to fit paradigm.
    <LI>Updated SPI4 rx and tx BFM's to included status path with new
classes.
    <LI>Modified configuration objects to align with spec
    <LI>Updated loopback test bench to use new BFM's.
    <LI>Checked everything in when it compiled clean.&nbsp; Still needs
run time debug still
</UL>
<BR>
<UL>
    <LI>Arranged meeting with Jasper Design Automation to look at their
new tool JasperGold.
</UL>
<BR>
Issues
<UL>
    <LI>Still no word on 0-In .... what's going on?
    <LI>
</UL>
<BR>
To Do
<UL>
    <LI>Patent application ... Assertions in FPGA's for h/w/ debug.
    <LI>Debug loopback test to test status messaging
    <LI>Need to create mechanism for tracking stable intermediate builds
in CVS.
    <LI>Need to implement resolutions for code reuse.
    <LI>Arrange Vera Training for rest of OTC.
</UL>
On Hold
<UL>
    <LI>Need to create system side bfm's for status path.
    <LI>Need to create status scoreboard
    <LI>BFM only supports regular status messages, it does not support
hitless bandwidth reprovisioning.&nbsp; Existing code should be capable
of support changes without major changes.
    <LI>
</UL>
<BR>
AP179 Vera Environment <BR>
<BR>
Hans and Chris have the ap179 vera environment essentially complete (in
so far as stimulus generation and output monitoring).&nbsp; Still some
on going work to automatically terminate simulations based on
results.<BR>
<BR>
To Do.&nbsp;
<UL>
    <LI>Analyze test plan and define coverage elements.
    <LI>Capture/debug coverage elements
    <LI>Create regression script for Vera tests
    <LI>Modify Vera test environment to allow standalone Verilog test to
control DUT.
    <LI>Measure functional coverage of existing ap179 test suite.
    <LI>Measure functional coverage of vera random tests on ap179.
    <LI>Compare results
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
        <LI>how many vera tests required (how many different tests,
seeds, etc.)
        <LI>how much more coverage achieved.
        <LI>any new bugs found?
        <LI>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>
</UL>
<TABLE CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" WIDTH="100%">
<TR>
<TD>
-- <BR>
Ian Perryman &lt;<A
HREF="" altera com"><U>iperryma altera com</U></A>&gt;
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>

</BODY>