Re: [Evolution] Address Harvesting

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 10:49, Eric Lambart wrote:
On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 18:47, William A. Yohman wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 05:20, Eric Lambart wrote:
> > Since it is archived by google and mail-archive.com and probably
> > accessible in other public places, probably not.
> >
> > ...unless you're asking for the email addresses to be somehow
> > obfuscated.  That could certainly come in handy, it would stop me from
> > getting two copies of every message when someone replies using "Reply to
> > All" instead of "Reply to List" (@#$# $@#!)
We need a KB-shortcut for Reply to list :)

> > Eric
> >
> > On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 21:34, Bill Yohman wrote:
> > > Is it possible to configure this list (HINT HINT) so that I don't get my
> > > e-mail address harvested?
> > >
> > > Cheers.
> > >

> I also run a mailing list but I don't allow the addresses to be archived
> as that's a basic no-no, IMHO. Surely mailman can be configured to
> remove e-mail addresses from the archives?

When I think about it, it certainly should be possible, and if so I
can't imagine why they're doing it.  I use different email addresses for
various mailing lists, and this one gets the most spam by far.  Love
those Microsoft Support offers I've been getting lately.

Eric