Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.4.4 performance on KDE 3.1

Running 1.4.4 on RH 9.0 with exchange connector.
Everything is fine.

--fb
On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 06:27, Paul Hands wrote:
Hi folks,

Should I submit the following as a bug?

I'm running evolution 1.4.4 (and also the latest snaps - no difference) on KDE 3.1 (various versions - 3.1.1, 3.1.3) on SuSE 8.2.
System is a 2Ghz IBM T30 laptop with 2G RAM, Radeon mobility graphics adaptor, XFree86-4.3.0-15.

The graphics performance is awful.

Anything which causes a window redraw (without changing window sizes) takes around 8 seconds to complete.  That includes changing folders - something which happens a lot.  The redraw of the summary and preview panes takes the most time - the folder bar needs about 3 seconds to look complete.

If I resize the window (main or composer)  the redraw can take up to 30 seconds.  During that time, the mouse cursor is grabbed, and is restricted to a screen area which seems to be the old size of the window.

If I switch into a gnome session (gnome 2.2 as supplied with the SuSE distro) instead of KDE, graphics performance is fine.

I don't want to start a gnome versus KDE thread here - it serves no purpose.  However, I bet a lot of evolution users are on KDE as well, and therefore I'd like to know..............

1. Is it just me, or are other KDE users seeing this.  If so, what distro etc?
2. Is it restricted to Evolution, or are other gnome apps affected in the same way?

and of course,

3. Is it worth submitting a bug?

Regards,

Paul