Re: [Evolution] Only 1 email adress possible in the TO: CC: AND BCC: fields? (Version 1.4.0)

semicolons are invalid as rfc822 address separators. They have special
meaning in rfc822 address lists - they are meant only as a terminator
for address groups. For example:

To: INTERNET: foo bar com, some one com;, else local org

(see http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc0822.txt, Section 6 for BNF grammar)

to answer the parent post, Outlook does not actually place ;'s in the To
field. It replaces them with commas or something.

anyways, people have already complained (it is also already filed) that
they can't use semicolons as address separators - however, this is
something that needs to be handled by the To/Cc entry fields which are
part of the addressbook component.

Jeff