Re: [Evolution] Only 1 email adress possible in the TO: CC: AND BCC: fields? (Version 1.4.0)

This is similar to when you cut-and-paste addresses into
the To: line.  They get silently dropped too.

John

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 09:00, guenther wrote:
> > Use a comma to separate them - a semi-colon is an Outlook thing.
>
> So what happens if I receive a mail from Outlook with a CC list
> separated with ';' and I reply-all?
>
> Answer it only replies to the first in the list according to what I am
> reading here. Not good in my opinion especially if it does nothing to
> alert you to the problem. Should this be reported as a bug?

I just checked the mail I sent as first response -- and my local Sent
mail does not have the "; <email>" part anymore. So it seems, Evolution
silently dropped this? :-/

IMHO this should be filed as a bug, only if this is Evos fault. I
personally don't know, if the semicolon is valid at all. However,
dropping this *without* noticing the user is bad.

Maybe the mail hackers or anyone knowing the relevant RFC by heart can
shed some light?

...guenther