Re: [Evolution] Copy message before sending

Am Fre, 2003-09-05 um 04.00 schrieb guenther:
Special words come in handy, to sort on projects. Like the [Evolution]
in the subject in this list -- you even can filter on words in the body.

In principle: yes. But, usually the project name is not in the subject
or body of the email. I think it is then not possible to apply a
reasonable filter.

OK, I admit there are cases, where filtering may not work.

However, as you wanna filter *outgoing* mail, *you* are writing the
mail. What I had in mind is one of the following methods and should not
do any harm on closed projects:

1) Set a special [project-x] to any subject (at the end for more
convenient subject reading) and filter on them. This very likely will
survive replies.

2) You even could do something similar in the body, first line for
example.

Using flags like this are a lot faster, than struggling with the mouse
at all and selecting a folder.
This sounds convincing. I will try this approach.

I'm looking for a button ("folder to copy sent mail") which will open a
dialog to choose an email folder where the email I send will be stored.
If I don't press the button, the default folder (sent) will be used.
I think I have to put this on the wishlist.

Honestly, I don't get the point, where this should be faster, than using
the currently supported style:

Have you considered placing the default sent messages folder (and maybe
the project folders) on the shortcut bar[1]? You can move the mail by
drag-n-drop to the folder tree or the shortcut bar, to sort them easily.

Maybe this is a practicable way for you right now?
This also sound practical. Especially if one uses small icons for the
shortcut bar (I didn't know this feature).
Thank you.
  Axel

...guenther

[1]  The shortcut bar can have small icons to hold more of them. And you
can create new shortcut groups.