[Evolution] Tips on restoring Evolution from backup.

Good morning

I am planning to re-install RedHat 9 to get rid of a lot of junk I have
accumulated over time.  One of the things that I have backed up (to DVD,
CD and another partition) is Evolution.  I will want to restore all of
my old e-mails from backup once I restore the new system and upgrade to
the latest Evolution.  Any tips and suggestions would be more than
appreciated.  Thanks everyone for your input.
--
Jim Macdonald <jimmmac comcast net>