Re: [Evolution] Mandrake 9.2 Upgrade

On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 00:35, Ted Anderson wrote:

Unfortunately I can't say it runs flawlessly just yet. Seems that the
first time I try to start Evolution, it just hangs on the splashscreen.
If I kill it, run evolution --force-shutdown, and then re-run it, the
program opens fine. It happens again if I close normally and try to
re-open without first using force-shutdown. Hopefully I'll be able to
track the problem down soon.

I went through some interesting bad installs till I figured out that how
I had my hardware connected & a quirk in my burner made differences.
Which led to including the CD reader for installs & certain music CDs.
Anyway, in the process, I uploaded my own /home/bill/ stuff to my
website, then did a full install of MDK 9.2rc2.  After that, I dled the
directories I had stored offsite, including my evolution directory.  The
first time I ran Evo, I got the same problem you describe.  So, I
uninstalled Evo & reinstalled it.  Same results.  A complete shutdown,
then a restart seemed to fix it.  I thought I got away from the Windows
install, reboot, install, reboot, install, reboot cycle. :-)

Bill Kraski