Re: Abysmal scroll speed (was: Re: [Evolution] 1.4.5??)

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 18:32, Scott Bronson wrote:
You must have a speed demon of a computer to not see this!  I have
an Athlon 2200, 512 MB memory, with Evo's window at aout 1400x1100
(22" monitor), about 50 folders in the left hand pane and and 1572
messages visible in the top pane.

Scrolling is _unbelievably_ slow when i try to click on either the
horizontal or vertical separator to resize the panes.  Horrifyingly
slow.  Maybe 3 or 4 seconds between refreshes.  I imagine it must be
this way for everybody.

You mean resizing, there is no scrolling when the panes are resized.
This is a known bug, Evolution recalculated the column widths and saves
the information to disk. I guess the recalculation takes time with that
many messages, but the main slowdown is writing the column widths to
disk.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                     Software Engineer
OneEighty Software Ltd          Tel: +44 20 8680 8712