Re: [Evolution] Date Format

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 10:02, guenther wrote:
On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 10:42, Andy McMullin wrote:

<deletia>

However, on my Solaris (Sparc) system it doesn't seem to matter what I
do, date entries are always in the wrong format (always US mm/dd/yyyy)
whatever locale I set.

As you wrote this mail with a 1.4.4 version, I assume this is Solaris.

Yup. Composed on the Solaris machine; and 1.4.4 is the version that gets
downloaded for it.

I had thought that Evolution was the same no matter which OS was being
used. Then I wondered if this is a Solaris only matter -- until Guenther
revealed that his Mandrake box was always mm/dd/yyyy whatever he did!

I tested 1.4.5 only.

Maybe this is simply a regression bug?

I don't know. What I don't understand is why what appears to be an older
version (admittedly for a slightly different OS) works yet the current
doesn't.

Is it a version problem or an OS one I wonder? Anyone with 1.4.4 or
1.4.5 on Red Hat willing to switch to the GB locale and see if the dates
then work properly. If they do then does that make it a OS/locale
problem; if not a version one?

--
Regards
Andy, G8TQH