Re: [Evolution] Evolution not sending a FQDN in HELO?

I can, in fact, telnet to port 25 and send a message:

[mars mars-tmc mars ]$telnet mail.photosphere.net 25
Trying 24.193.97.178...
Connected to mail.photosphere.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 **********************************
HELO mail.photosphere.net
250 mail.photosphere.net
MAIL FROM:<user@domain.tld>
250 Ok
RCPT TO:<recipient domain tld>
250 Ok
DATA
354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
Subject:Test
Delete Me.
.
250 Ok: queued as 02DBA24F
quit
221 Bye
Connection closed by foreign host.
[mars mars-tmc mars ]$

On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 10:04, Derek Wueppelmann wrote:
On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 19:32, Matthew A. R. Sherian wrote:
> I am relaying directly to mail.photosphere.net, from the remote host.
> I explicitly permit my work server to relay.

>From the machine running evolution, can you send a mail message using
telnet? If you can then it won't be a relaying issue.