Re: [Evolution] problem with evolution 1.4.5 and pop server / not deleting messages

Am Mo, den 06.10.2003 schrieb Jeffrey Stedfast um 18:17:

<snip>
this has been reported a few times now. can't find the bug #'s tho,
because bugzilla is so full of crap due to no one ever looking for
duplicates when they submit bug reports, that now I can't find anything
without wasting hours and hours wading thru it all.

Was at bugzilla, but as you said, there is a lot of stuff ( and not so
well descriped ). Maybe it wasn't so good to develop bug-buddy. ;-)

[snip]
Or does have anyone any glue why this happens. Other MUA's deleting the
mail from server ! For example Sylpheed-Claws.

*shrug* good for them.

But I wanna use evolution !!! Just switched from sylpheed-claws because
I need a all in one solution for calendar, todo list and contacts and
mail of course.  :-)

I have written a little perl script that go through my local folder ( I
have all folders maildir) that compares messages with the same
Message-ID and deletes them. That works fine for me here at the moment
but it is quick and DIRTY !!! ;-)

Thank you for the great work, what you have done with evo  ....

Is there a log file or something, to see what evolution "talks" to the
pop-server ?

CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 evolution

do me a favour tho, and disable all but *one* of your pop accounts that
illustrates the bug.

Have done that and send the output to list. If it goes not throug, I
will send it again as PM.

Bye and thx for help.

Erik