[Evolution] problem with evolution 1.4.5 and pop server / not deleting messages

Hi @all

I have big problem with evolution-1.4.5 from debian sid. But it is not
debian specific.

Evolution leaves the mail on the pop server after fetching it. And fetch
it every time I want to recieve new mails. This not only happens on one
pop server. It happens to all my accounts.

No the flag "Leave message on the server" is not set !!
( No not know the correct entry in English because I have german version
here)

gconf-editor say's on all accounts

/apps/evolution/mail/$account
keep-on-server="false"

I have delete and and add accounts.. It is the same.

A few days ago I had a harddisk crash and restore the complete
~/evolution Dir from Backup ??? This backup was version 1.4.4
I copy everything to this dir and start evolution

Can I delete the complete directory evolution exept local dir and then
start evolution to regenerate the complete conf files and copy local
back.

Will evolution know all my subfolder ??

Or does have anyone any glue why this happens. Other MUA's deleting the
mail from server ! For example Sylpheed-Claws.

Is there a log file or something, to see what evolution "talks" to the
pop-server ?

THX for help

Erik