Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.4

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 23:44, Maurice Arthur wrote:
Dialup KPPP  connects to Infogen.net.nz  but Error Message for Send
and Receive mail
Server pop mail.infogen.net.nz Type pop
Server Mail .infogen.net.nz Type SMTP
Error while feching mail host lookup failed pop.mail infogen.net.nz
Unknown Reason
<snip>
Why can't I send mail with Evolution Have checked Mail Setting ,but
still no Mail
Not a very good start for Evolution first time user.
<snip>

Maurice, I'm using Evo 1.4.4 with Mandrake 9.2 no problem - also KMail.
I upgraded from Mandrake 9.1 also, where I was using both KMail and Evo
for many months.  Check your settings under Tools | Sending | Receiving
- mine for clear.net.nz are as follows:

POP Server      pop.clear.net.nz
SMTP Server     smtp.clear.net.nz

Your error messages indicate your entries are incorrect.

Hamish

--
Sent via Ximian-Evolution 1.4.4 using Linux-Mandrake 9.2 O/S