Re: [Evolution] Mozilla as Default Browser

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:12:24 +0100, guenther wrote

Guenther,
could you please post your _favorite_ message to the list again,
with
your
script for setting Mozilla as the Default brower?  I googled for it,
[...]

See, which values are stored in that sub-tree. Save the output to a
file, so you can revert to those settings!

$ gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/unknown
 command = mozilla %s
 need-terminal = false
 enabled = true

Now, this should enter all those values (at least, they work for me):

$ gconftool-2 --set --type=string
/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/unknown/command 'mozilla %s'
$ gconftool-2 --set --type=bool
/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/unknown/need-terminal false
$ gconftool-2 --set --type=bool
/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/unknown/enabled true

Guenther,

I am using XFCE on my laptop, with enough of the gnome libraries to run
evolution.  Method 2 doesn't work for me!  No idea why.  Don't worry
about ii, thought I would mention it, it's not a high priority on my to
do list at the moment.

Cheers

--
Tony