Re: [Evolution] Mozilla as Default Browser (YESS!!!!)

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 17:32, guenther wrote:
$ gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/unknown
 command = mozilla %s
 need-terminal = false
 enabled = true

The relevant key on Gnome 2.4 has changed, but is pretty similar. Simply
substitute "unknown" by "http", especially in the commands to set the
values.
 /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http

Also, the "https" branch may be useful. However, this is *not* set using
the GUI method mentioned above.

Oh, good grief!!

guenther, you finally solved my problem with evolution not opening links
since moving to GNOME 2.4.  I had checked EVERYTHING, except
/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http (and https).  The error always made me
assume that it had to be an issue with the "default" or "unknown"
url-handler - so I was always playing with them.  Reading this email
from you I suddenly thought, hummm, and I did a gconftool-2 -R on http
and https and saw that they were EMPTY!

Setting those solved the problem.
Thanks for kicking my brain in gear.

Lonnie Borntreger