[Evolution] Migrating from Evolution 1.4.5 (Red Hat) to Evolution 1.3.3 (FreeBSD)

Since Red Hat is abandoning the hobbyist market, I am looking at other
platforms and am thinking about migrating to FreeBSD.  On a test
machine, I have installed FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE, X, GNOME 2.2, and the
FreeBSD port of Evolution (1.3.3).

I copied the 'Evolution' folder from my Red Hat system to the FreeBSD
machine, and was pleased that all my Calendar events, Contacts, and
local folders show up.  However, the major problem I am having is that
the messages stored within the folders (in mbox format) do _not_show up,
even though I can open the mbox file with a text editor and see that the
messages are there.  I do not think this is a permissions problem, since
(for this exercise) I changed the permissions of the 'Evolution' folder
and contents to 777.

I would really like these messages available from within Evolution,
rather than just archiving them to a text files.

Any idea what might be going on?

Thanks,
Barry

--
Barry Skidmore <skidmore worldvenue org>