Fwd:Re: [Evolution] Synchronising laptop and desktop evolutions

Subject: Re: [Evolution] Synchronising laptop and desktop evolutions
From: "Tony Sequeira" <tony sequeira com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:11:25 +0000 (GMT)
To: r burton 180sw com

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:00:48 +0000, Ross Burton wrote

Hi,

I sync my mail between my desktop and my laptop easily and simply, and
have never lost mail yet.

I run courier-imap on both machines as an IMAP server. Any IMAP server
would do but it has to use Maildir format instead of mbox format for
the
storage. This is so that each message is a single file instead of the
entire folder being a single file.  Evolution is configured to read
mail
from localhost via IMAP, and I use fetchmail to get mail and drop it
into the IMAP store.   I then use unison to sync the two machines.

The end result is that I can add, move and delete messages on both
machines and when I sync them, there are no conflicts.  This is
entirely
because messages are individual files.

I'm tired, if this isn't making any sense, just mail me again... :)

Ross

Ross,

Perfect sense, thank you.  This is more or less what I am aiming at,
except that I would like contacts, calendar and tasks to be
synchronised too, and I'm not sure that that is possible with IMAP.

Still sounds good, thanks.  Now to find some way of converting from
mbox to maildir!

Much appreciated.

--
Tony