Re: [Evolution] Synchronising laptop and desktop evolutions

Hi,

I sync my mail between my desktop and my laptop easily and simply, and
have never lost mail yet.

I run courier-imap on both machines as an IMAP server. Any IMAP server
would do but it has to use Maildir format instead of mbox format for the
storage. This is so that each message is a single file instead of the
entire folder being a single file.  Evolution is configured to read mail
from localhost via IMAP, and I use fetchmail to get mail and drop it
into the IMAP store.   I then use unison to sync the two machines.

The end result is that I can add, move and delete messages on both
machines and when I sync them, there are no conflicts.  This is entirely
because messages are individual files.

I'm tired, if this isn't making any sense, just mail me again... :)

Ross
--
Ross Burton                     Software Engineer
OneEighty Software Ltd          Tel: +44 20 8680 8712