Re: [Evolution] Clipboard problems

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 18:54, Jason Douglas wrote:
This happened to me too today. Is this behaviour by design?

This is the way Unix works.  I believe ^X is simply a shortcut for the
Unix way of doing things, which is to highlight the text, go to the new
window, and use middle mouse to paste.  If the window disappears, you no
longer have anything highlighted, meaning the copy buffer is empty.
^X/^C/^V are Windows things.

There is work being done to make a global clipboard for Gnome.  I don't
know if it's an official part of Gnome yet.  If it is, then Evo would
have to use it.

Dan