[Evolution] evolution new mail sound locks up esd

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else had run into this or knows how to fix it. I am using Evolution 1.2 on Mandrake 9.1. I like to have a sound (wav file) play when new mail arrives. But currently what happens is that Evolution plays about 1 second of the file (the files i tried were 3 - 5 seconds long) and then stops. This causes the sound (esd) to lock, and my sound doesn't work until I kill esd. Also, if I close Evolution, and try to open it again, it will not get past the loading splash screen until I kill the esd process.

I had everything working fine on Mandrake 9.0, with the same files. I did a clean install of 9.1, and I do not know what the problem could be.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Jason Douglas
Web Application Developer

http://gnome.ath.cx/