Re: [Evolution] Getting rid of Openssl 0.9.6b

tir, 27.05.2003 kl. 11.57 skrev Tony Earnshaw:

Whatever I do, I don't want to ruin Evo, since it is the be-all and
end-all for all my mail and contacts (LDAP.)

Hmmm ... I just answered my own question :-/

I was experimenting with checkinstall and openssl 0.9.7b. checkinstall
makes and installs rpms (it can also make Debian and Slackware install
stuff) from compiled source. To cut it short, I unintentionally wiped
out my 0.9.6b rpm install, made an 0.9.7b rpm and installed it (like
'rpm -Uvh --force --nodeps'), all in one operation - and without meaning
to.

Evo wouldn't start, but a command-line attempt as UID tonye reported
neatly that it wanted libssl.so.2 and libcrypto.so.2, which had been
wiped out of my /lib directory, somehow. So, I made symlinks from the
0.9.7b libs to the missing two so.2 libs and Evo started (witness this
mail :) Turns out Evo doesn't care what version of openssl it's using.

I'd better find out what I did wrong with checkinstall.

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

http://www.billy.demon.nl