[Evolution] Getting rid of Openssl 0.9.6b

Hi list,

Evo 1.2.4 on Red Hat 7.2 (much modified) / Gnome 1.4

I want to get rid of Openssl 0.9.6b. It's from a Red Hat 7.2 update and
was installed from an rpm. I've installed 0.9.7b from source (is in
/usr/local/ssl), and have recompiled all Open Source software (many,
many packages of all sorts) to use this.

'lsof +D /lib | grep ssl' shows that Evo is the only package left using
Openssl 0.9.6b. Can I 'rpm -e openssl-0.9.6b*' and reinstall the Evo
1.2.4 rpms so that they'll recognize and use the new 0.9.7b?

What I in fact want to do, is to start building my own rpms from source
(actually using checkinstall.) Openssl is to be my first attempt at
this.

Whatever I do, I don't want to ruin Evo, since it is the be-all and
end-all for all my mail and contacts (LDAP.)

Best,

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw