[Evolution] LDAPv3: evolution binds as version 2, not 3

Hallo,

I've installed the Evolution 1.2.2 from SuSE 8.2 with the openLDAP2
Server.

Evolution propperly reads my adress directory, if binding as anonymous,
but other bind with a defined DN for write-access fails, because
Evolution tries to bind with version 2, not version 3 as openLDAP2
demands (with Net::LDAP from Perl the right version-number is important
since I changed from openLDAP to openLDAP2). Logfiles complain wrong
Protocoll and show version 2.

I tried to add a version tag to the XML config but this doesn't work.

Does anyone know how to make evolution bind with version 2!

I really like Evolution, good work and would be pleased to fix the
integration of openLDAP2.

Ciao
Bernd

--