Re: [Evolution] LDAPv3: evolution binds as version 2, not 3

evolution only forces the connection to protocol version 3 if you use
TLS, otherwise it uses whatever the library default is (which should be
version 2 for openldap2.)

You have a few options to fix this.  You can remove the "require LDAPv3"
from your slapd.conf file.  You can set the connection to use SSL if
your server is set up for it.  You can also hack the pas-backend-ldap.c
file to force it to LDAPv3 always.  Lastly, you can file a bug against
the addressbook, which at the rate I'm going I'll get to sometime in
2006 :(

Chris