[Evolution] pop up

Hi, I've searched and searched and I've actually found quite a few apps that SAY they will pop up a message when I receive email .. but none work :( I'm on Red Hat 9 using the stock Evolution. Are there any plans to add a nice little feature to Evolution that would give some sort of visual indication of new email? If not, anybody know of a good email notifier that will actually work on Red Hat 9 BlueCurve desktop? Thanks
Eric